How to report a bug in Lmod¶
Lmod has some built-in tools to make debugging possible on your site. The first feature of Lmod is the configuration report:
$ module --config
This reports how Lmod has been configured at build time as well as any
LMOD_* environment variables set. The second tool is the debug
output also built-in to Lmod:
$ module -D load foo 2> load.log
-D option turns on the debug printing and will report all the
steps that Lmod took to load a module called
foo. Note that the
configuration report is at the top of every debug output.
Steps to report a bug¶
- Test your bug against the latest release from github. Please pull the HEAD branch.
- Try to reduce the problem to the fewest number of modules. Shoot for 1 or 2 modulefiles if you can.
- Run the command that fails. i.e.
module -Dcmd module ... 2> lmod.log``
- Combine the lmod.log file, the modulefiles from step 2, and possibly the spider cache file into a tar file.
- Send the tar file to email@example.com